Time for the tinny pimp flooring. Here are my top tips for flooring:
- Buy marine ply
- The cheaper AA marine ply is just as good as more expensive stuff, especially seeing it will be sealed
- Seal the ply well with an epoxy sealant
- Watch out for the sealant drips that can harden into lumps on the underside.
- 12mm ply felt the best too me but you could get away with 9mm if your happy to have a bit of movement under foot as 9mm is more flexible
- Create a template with cardboard before cutting
- The gap for carpet is around 4.5mm per side.
- Remember two carpeted pieces butted up against each other will need a gap of 18mm (4.5mm x 4 sides)